Wednesday, July 11, 2018

July 9, 2018


         I was woken up by Jessica saying something that I do not remember, I just got up. I thought today was the last day in this area so I started packing and deflated my mattress but then Omar and, Rudy told me it was not. So yeah, I was wishing I didn’t do that. We ate breakfast, made our lunches. The ride there was very boring and lonnnnng since I am very impatient. I was laughing a bit before we took the long but I was glad we made it there though, that’s what counts. The place we arrived in was called White Salmon Field Office our speaker was Jeanette Burkhardt. She was cool, she let us use the restroom. Her title is a water shed planner. I got too really learn on what she does such as how she added different native flowers at the Condit restoration area. Got to learned different names of the flowers as well. Also got to see the dam site where it was removed it was pretty dope. Rudy help take some really cool images. Later on we met Chief Johnny Jackson (Jumbo), a tribal fishermen. We all respectfully introduced each other to him. He talk about how he lost a lot of land. How the white people came in and started building without their permission - the highway, railroad, and other were building (houses) up the highway. It was pretty depressing on how he explained the whole history on what happened. During our stay at White Salmon In-Lieu site after the chief’s talk, we got to explore the area such as the dock. It was very very windy by the way. Rudy and I noticed a bird that fell in the water, Rudy was able to get it and bring it to Pedro since he really does well with the wildlife. We learned that it was a youngling that fell from its nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment