Wednesday, July 18, 2018

July 12, 2018

              Today I went with the group that cleans up the trail near Lava Lake. Before we started we met Jessie Larson. She is a Trails Technician, she is a badass. I really admire the work she does, plus she also snowboards. She handed us our gear to put on plus she let us pick out our own tool. I picked a handsaw which I named The Shinobi Saw. Junior also picked a handsaw which he named Rusty, while Rudy picked a McCloud but he did not named it. While we were getting the rest of our gear we started saying that Junior and I were the stealth guys and that Rudy was our Heavy and that we were ready for the zombie apocalypse. Rudy would be in front while Junior and I sneak from behind. It was a fun conversation. As we started the trail we were started trimming several trees and also cut some off. The trail was not as long as we thought. It said it was three miles but it felt shorter. I was having fun just cutting trees down and tossing them out of the trail. It made feel strong and very energetic, I was having a blast. During our service work with the trail I got a chance to bond with Junior more and just get to know him a bit more as a person. He is a pretty cool guy him and I aren’t so far alike, we share similar backgrounds. I also got to know Jessie a bit more as well, I learned that she used to be a firefighter. I thought that was pretty neat, I told her about my experience with trimming trees since I don’t it before at more job. About half ways down the trail Jessica showed us a path that leads down the Deschutes River, we were able to get a closer look thanks to her. It was a really amazing view, the river look very blue plus also getting a really great view of Mount Bachelor far in the horizon. As lunch grew closer we stopped and ate right Little Lava Lake. Rudy, Junior and I got to take ready good pics by it. After Lunch we headed back, on the way back Jessie was interested where I work so I explained it to her. I told how I get moved a lot, but manly I work with the apple trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment