Wednesday, July 11, 2018

July 10, 2018


Today we went to Lyle Falls Fish way and Research Facility. We met a few guest speakers, John Washines, Shawn Bechtol, and Jared Bartholomew. It was a pretty cool experience, I got to see how the fish were studied such as Salmon, Steel-head and others. We got a chance to see inside the Fish Lift building with has a hole about 40 feet deep. Where they raise the water levels and send the fish to a tagging center. Where the first neutralize the fish to calm it down, in other to study the fish further.  The visit was really interesting, got to see the process of how fish are caught and studied. However since I never been finishing nor know that much about fish it was as appealing towards as it was to others. After we went on the road, I took a nap. We arrived at a rest stop and ate our lunches. We got ready to go on a hiking trail to see “She who Watches”. The trail to see her was short. As i was in the front I was looking out for rattlesnakes since there was a warning sign for them. Though I did not see any, I was secretly hoping to see one. After we went on the road again and arrived at the airport, to pick up David (Jessica’s Cousin). He gave me some Jelly Beans. He’s a cool guy to talk to, we talked about my sketches, and how he went to Place in Cali were they make jellybeans. My favorite part of the day was getting to play soccer with Pedro, Johnathan and Caleb. We made a 2v2 team where it was Johnathan and I versus Pedro and Caleb. The rules were simple first to 7 goals wins. We were tied 3 to 3 when all of a sudden we hear a growl in the wood. We felt uneasy since we were not sure if we heard what we heard. So we continued playing scoring the fourth goal when we heard the growl again. This time we definitely stopped playing, and headed back to camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment